2013 has definitely been the year of Deepika Padukone. Just a quick rundown and my personal thoughts on Deepika for this year … the gorgeous actress gave us 4 blockbuster hits delivering a few phenomenal performances. In my perception, I strongly believed that she was an actress with a pretty face and nothing more. But damn has she ever proven me wrong and I’m glad so very glad that she has! Infact, I was anticipating for the year as to when I could categorize her into the roster of the potential future of Bollywood.
Aside from Sonam Kapoor, Freida Pinto and occasionally Priyanka Chopra, Deepika is someone’s style that I always drive inspiration from. What catches my attention the most is her choice of color palettes – she’s often seen in white’s, gold’s, beiges and blacks complemented with some shade of a color lipstick. Personally, I think I prefer her with her hair pulled back compared to when its left down; I envy how fabulous she looks with her hair pulled back in a sleek/messy bun, ponytail or up-do’s. She definitely knows how to tie everything together, as her choice in accessories is impeccable. She knows the fine line between layering bracelets/necklaces to spruce up an outfit or when she needs a heavy pair of chandelier earrings to complete an evening look.
Through the years and especially this year her sense of style has evolved greatly! With all the hype surrounding her movies for 2013, Deepika ensured that she played the part in her choice of wardrobe for every red carpet event, movie promotions and other special events. Being the show-stopper for designers such as Manish Malhotra and attending the biggest events of the year wearing Naeem Khan and classy Sabyasachi; Deepika had a handful of great looks for 2013. Here are my personal 5 favorite looks of Deepika Padukone for 2013:
1. Prabal Gurung [Black Cut-Out Gown] – Love the low V neckline and the mesh insets, especially on the sleeves. She keeps the look elegant with the sleek ponytail, cat eye-liner, red lips and overall fresh make-up.
2. Rohit Bal [Black and Gold Anarkali] – Complemented with Charles and Keith strappy heels, an elegant up-do with wispy soft locks and the signature red lips. She has the perfect height and a distinct look for Indian attire, especially such a traditional look. Love it!
3. Sonaakshi Raaj [Sari Gown]: Love the intricate work on this gorgeous sari gown, especially along the sweetheart neck-line. She kept the look really feminine and super classy with the braided up-do and the perfect tear-drop earrings.
4. Quirkbox [Blazer] Mehak Gupta [Necklace]: Feel like she definitely stepped out her comfort zone with this one and made it clearly evident that she was attending the Kid’s Choice Awards. This is my favorite look of Deepika’s for this year! Love how she paired such vibrant pieces; the amazing blazer and brilliant statement necklace with a staple black pencil dress. She looked fun, corky and fashionably great!
5. Gucci [Pre-Fall Gown with Kimono Sleeves]: Celebrating her 2013 success with a bang at her themed Black and Gold party … she was of course the princess of the ball, dazzling in this 70’s gown with an arm party of gorgeous Deepa Gurnani bracelets and a very rare voluminous hair-style. Stunning beyond words!
Kudo’s and a big pat on the back to Deepika Padukone for an extremely successful 2013! Well- deserved, you rock girl!