Cannot believe that today is the last official day of 2013! … This year was truly a blessing for me for a handful of different reasons. Re-kindled some old relationships, created new ones, figured out my career direction and definitely made memories to last an entire lifetime!
Keeping it sweet and simple with this post, here are my personal highlights of 2013:
1. Modelling: Always had an interest but felt extremely discouraged just because I am not even close to the height requirement of an average model. Although, my height of 5’0 was also what motivated me to start planning, collaborating and creating my own photo-shoots. After a couple of photo-shoots, I realized how much I enjoy being in the spotlight and having creative control to be as innovative and original as possible… One of my core career focuses for 2014 is definitely to collaborate with like-minded individuals and execute some phenomenal editorial work
2. TOIFA 2013: Only a Bollywood fanatic would understand how much of a surreal experience TOIFA 2013 was. Aside from the Olympics, it was great to see Vancouver coming together in unity to celebrate the South Asian culture and welcoming a handful of Bollywood’s favorite actors/actresses/artists. Empowering performances, brilliant styles on the red carpet and my two favorites: Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra taking the big win for Best Actor and Best Actress. What a night!
3. Toronto 2013 – Toronto has always been on my definite place to travel and possibly even move to. I was fortunate enough that my first trip to Toronto was for my childhood best friend’s wedding! Being friends for over 13 years, one can imagine how much growing up we did with one another and how many crazy and wonderful memories we have had together. Still hard to believe that she’s married! As for Toronto, its a great city with even greater opportunities but it is very different from Vancouver … as for now I think I’ll stick to my 604.
4. VISAFF 2013 – Had the opportunity to be the official PR Specialist and Volunteer Manager for the Vancouver International South Asian Film Festival (VISAFF) this October … felt blessed to be working hand in hand with Vancouver’s South Asian leading lady, Mesha Toor. Such a fun-filled three day extravaganza with artists, actors, film makers, photographers and other professionals. Some very inspiring and moving films with a fair share of great performances as well. Preparing for VISAFF was an intense couple month project and some sleepless nights … which definitely payed off in the end. I was lucky enough to be working with like-minded individuals, who were just as focused, determined and driven and some who are still really great friends.
5. Operation Christmas Child – Won’t go too much into this as there is already a much more thorough post already. Although, Operation Christmas Child will always be one of the greatest highlights of every year and every year I hope to increase my numbers. A big pat on the back to those who participated during the Holiday season, we filled 102 boxes!
2013 you were nothing short of just one blessing after another, but I have a feeling 2014 is going to be pretty fantastic. Thank you for reading and a very happy New Year to everyone! Xo.