Of course in her own special fashion this little piggy is going to join in on all the festive fun by participating in #BLOGMAS this year. In compilaion of posts written by yours truly and guest posts from some of my fellow blogger friends, I am overly thrilled to share 12 different Christmas centralized posts throughout the next several weeks with all of you! AND to kick off my holiday #BLOGMAS shenanigans, here’s a DIY cocoa treat containing all the yummy components of the perfect festive hot chocolate.
DIRECTIONS [MAKES 12]
- Combine all the core ingredients into a single mason jar in the following order and secure the lid:
- 3 TSP’s hot cocoa mix
- 2 TSP’s chocolate chips
- 2 TSP’s marshmallows
- 2 TSP’s crushed candy canes
- Add on the sparkle – Keep it simple but glitzy! (Under your discretion as to what you want to do/use)
- I strung the star ornament and gift tag through the twill ribbon, wrapping it under the lid/around the jar several times and securing the ribbon with a small knot.
- Incorporate holiday stickers on the lids for that easy peasy attained glam- these Santa stickers were uber cute and fabulous!
- Feel free to include instructions of water/milk components and of course your warm wishes for the holidays in the gift tag/Christmas card
- Include single candy canes for that additional holiday treat and as stir sticks for the milk/water, cocoa mix
- Gift away!
- Please Note: If you decide to use pint size mason jars like myself, I wouldn’t recommend pouring the hot water/milk into the jar itself. Add boiling water/milk into a mug with 3-4 TSP’s of the festive mix
And there you have it my loves! This is such a wonderful holiday DIY, not to mention the perfect little project to get the entire family involved and spend some real quality time with your close loved ones. My younger brother and I have made this an annual holiday tradition while watching a Christmas movie and of course cheating and treating ourselves as we delightly sip this anticipated mouthful of holiday goodness. Enjoy and wishing you all a cheerful kick start to your holidays! Xo.